With the great development of the economy as well as the popularity of Korean culture, more and more people are choosing to study Korean to have the opportunity to study and work in this East Asian country. There are many Korean language centers in Vietnam, especially Sejong Korean Language Center – one of the leading prestigious Korean language training addresses today.
- Hotline Registration: 0962.328.328
1. Some basic information about Sejong Korean Language Center
Established in December 12, King Sejong Center is a public agency managed by the Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, responsible for managing language and cultural education projects. Korea in Vietnam such as educational institutions, cultural events, etc.
Currently, Sejong Korean Language Center has branches in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and many other provinces.
Branch in Hanoi:
- Sejong Korean Language Center Hanoi 1: 336 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi (University of Social Sciences and Humanities - Vietnam National University, Hanoi). The Center is a cooperation between Busan University of Foreign Languages and University of Social Sciences & Humanities, is one of the most prestigious Korean language centers in the country with a team of Korean lecturers who have extensive experience in teaching at the university. Vietnam.
- Sejong Korean Language Center Hanoi 2: No. 1 Pham Van Dong, Cau Giay, Hanoi (located on the campus of the University of Foreign Languages - Vietnam National University, Hanoi). This place is fully equipped with modern facilities and exciting activities such as Korean language exchange competitions.
- Sejong Korean Language Center Hanoi 3 (also known as The Saem Education Center): 5th floor, Building B Keangnam, Pham Hung, Hanoi. Like the rest of Sejong Korean Language Centers, this place offers Korean language courses from basic to advanced with a quality curriculum system.
Branches of Sejong Korean Language Center in Ho Chi Minh City:
- Sejong Center for Korean Language HCM 1: No. 12 Dinh Tien Hoang, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (University of Social Sciences and Humanities - Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City). The Center is a cooperation between Chosun University and Hanoi National University, which is the most prestigious Korean language training address in the southern region.
- Sejong Center for Korean Language HCM 2: No. 280 An Duong Vuong, Ward 4, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City. Located on the campus of Ho Chi Minh City University of Education, the center attracts a large number of students enrolling each year.
- Sejong Center for Korean Language HCM 3: No. 12 Nguyen Van Bao, Ward 4, Go Vap District, Ho Chi Minh City (located on the campus of Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City). Although the number of students in this branch is somewhat less than the other two branches, this center offers many cultural experience programs, games with valuable prizes for students.
Branches in other provinces:
Besides branches in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Sejong Korean Language Center also has many branches in other provinces and cities such as: Thai Nguyen, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Binh Duong, Quy Nhon, Can Tho.
2. 9 courses at Sejong Korean Language Center
Sejong Korean Language Center offers a variety of courses with many levels suitable for a wide range of learners.
2.1. Beginner Korean course
This class is for beginners, divided into 6 levels. Students start from basic knowledge in Korean such as: alphabet, vocabulary, simple grammar structure, used in daily communication.
There are two types of classes for students to choose from: intensive class (takes place in the morning or all afternoon from Monday to Friday) and regular class (takes place on 2-6, 3 evenings). -5 or 2-4-2). For elementary grades 4 and 6, students can only attend regular classes.
Tuition fees for elementary Korean courses at Sejong Korean Language Center:
- Concentrated class: VND 5.760.000 / class / 40 sessions
- Regular classes: 2.850.000 VND / 1 class / 20-30 sessions
2.2. Intermediate Korean Course
This course also has 6 levels as the beginner course, and of course, only those who have completed the beginner course are eligible to take this course. At this level, students will learn all 4 skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing at a more advanced level. Grades 4, 5, 6 only have regular classes, the rest have two options: intensive and regular classes.
Tuition fees for intermediate Korean courses at Sejong Korean Language Center:
- Intensive classes (intermediate 1,2,3): 6.560.000 VND / class / 40 sessions
- Regular classes (intermediate 1 to 6): 3.150.000 VND / 1 class / 30 sessions
2.3. TOPIK exam preparation class
TOPIK exam preparation class opened to meet the increasing demand for TOPIK exam in Vietnam. Before participating in this exam preparation class, you need to equip a certain amount of knowledge. The course takes place on 2-4-6 weekdays, about 3 hours each day. TOPIK exam preparation class is also divided into 6 classes with 6 levels.
Tuition for TOPIK test preparation class at Sejong Korean Language Center:
- TOPIK I exam preparation (grades 1 and 2): 2.880.000 VND / class
- TOPIK II exam preparation (grades 3, 4, 5, 6): 4.320.000 VND / class
2.4. Korean communication
The Korean course at Sejong Korean Language Center is divided into 2 courses: Elementary Communication and Intermediate Communication, each course is divided into 4 classes. This course is for those who want to improve their Korean communication skills, even those who don't know anything about Korean.
Tuition fee for Korean conversation class at Sejong Korean Language Center:
- Beginner course (including elementary classes 1,2,3,4): 3.600.000 VND / class / 20 sessions
- Intermediate course (including intermediate classes 1,2,3,4): 4.020.000 VND / class / 20 sessions
2.5. Business Korean
As the name suggests, this course specializes in knowledge in the field of business and commerce. This course is for those who have a basic knowledge of Korean who want to specialize in commerce and economics as well as those who want to work in Korea or Korean companies.
The Business Korean course at Sejong Korean Language Center is also divided into 2 beginner and intermediate courses, each with 4 classes. The cost of the Korean language course is equal to the tuition fee of the Korean communication class.
2.6. Translators and interpreters
This course is for those who want to develop themselves in a professional interpreting environment. The course is divided into 2 classes: intermediate and advanced. Students will take 2 classes in turn with gradually advanced levels.
Tuition fee for Translating and Interpreting class at Sejong Korean Language Center: 6.000.000 VND / class / 20 sessions.
2.7. Methods of teaching Korean
This course trains classroom skills, teaching as a Korean language teacher. Tuition fee for Korean language teaching method course at Sejong Korean Language Center: 5.760.000 VND / course / 24 sessions.
2.8. Korean travel
This course is for those who want to develop basic communication skills as well as some knowledge about Korean culture, to make the process of traveling and relaxing in Korea smoother.
Tuition fee for travel Korean language course at Sejong Korean Language Center: 1.800.000 VND / course / 10 sessions.
2.9. Korean to get married
If the subject is married to a Korean and intends to immigrate to Korea, the first thing you should do is to equip the basic Korean language so that you can quickly integrate into life and activities in Korea. avoid language disagreements with your spouse.
Tuition fee for Korean marriage course at Sejong Korean Language Center: 2.520.000 VND / 1 course / 28 sessions.
3. Why are more and more people learning Korean?
3.1. Korean is very useful
With more than 75 million people speaking Korean, the language ranks 18th on lists of the most spoken languages in the world. The fluent use of Korean is extremely useful for the process of cooperating and working with multinational companies/enterprises from Korea.
3.2. Korean alphabet is very simple
You might think that Korean is difficult to learn because it has a different writing system. But actually Hangul, the Korean alphabet, is very easy to learn. Hangul does not develop slowly. Instead, it was purposefully created to match the speech of the language perfectly.
King Sejong, who ruled during the Joseon Dynasty, is the founder of the current Korean alphabet. Hangul has 24 letters and they are all spelled phonetically. Languages with spelled words are much easier to learn and remember.
For example, ㄴ, pronounced “ni-eun,” resembles the English letter N and looks exactly like how your tongue would make a sound. The simplicity of the alphabet is one of the reasons many people choose to learn Korean.
3.3. Korean is very easy to pronounce
As mentioned above, the Korean alphabet is built around the sounds of the language. Thanks to the phonetic letters, Korean pronunciation is very easy. You pronounce based on the structure of that word.
There are no consonant clusters in Korean, as in Polish or Georgian. Furthermore, unlike other East Asian languages, Korean has no tonality. This makes speaking Korean a lot easier.
3.4. Korean has no verb conjugation
Korean grammar is not complicated, you don't have to worry about conjugation in Korean. Verbs in Korean all use the same form, whether plural or singular.
Many other languages conjugate verbs, so it can be very difficult to learn. Difficulties in conjugation discourage learners to the point of quitting their jobs. Since you don't have to worry about verb forms in Korean, you can jump right through that barrier and wave "goodbye" to those annoying verb conjugation charts.
3.5. Korean does not assign gender to nouns
A difficult obstacle many people struggle with when learning a second language is gender discrimination of nouns. It can be very difficult to determine which nouns are masculine and which are feminine. This is not a problem with Korean as there is no noun gender in this language.
3.6. Learn Korean culture
Korean culture is rich in customs and traditions. In addition to the modern pop culture that is taking the world by storm, there is a vast history of Korea waiting for you to discover such as art, traditional holidays. And you can only discover it if you understand their language.
Sejong Korean Language Center not only provides Korean language courses but also helps you get closer to Korean education. Hopefully the above article can help you understand more about Sejong Korean Language Center when you plan to study Korean in Vietnam.